The benefits of raw honey
Nothing is removed as it comes straight from the beehive then sieved so it contains: Pollen (rich in vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, antioxidants and is richer in protein than any animal source), traces of Propolis (an antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant), traces of Royal Jelly (amino acids, lipids, sugars, vitamins, proteins vitamins D and E).
It is not heated so none of the naturally occurring essential nutrients and enzymes are destroyed.
Apart from being delicious to eat it is also helpful for:
Allergies: local raw honey can help ward off seasonal allergies and hay fever
Excellent wound healer
Tummy Friendly: lots of friendly bacteria
Excellent mouth wash for gum health
Alkaline-forming: can counteracts things like acid indigestion
Amylase: an enzyme that helps pre-digest starchy food
Some of the “Hero” ingredients in our skin balm:
Matura butter benefits
Mafura butter, from mahogany tree seeds, is widely used in Africa and renowned for its cosmetic and healing properties. Abundant in essential fatty acids, the butter is rich in antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it the ideal moisturiser for tropical climes. It moisturises without clogging pores, and encourages cell regeneration thereby adding a youthful appearance to your skin. It heals cracks on the soles of your feet, and allays flaky scalp problems. It has hydrating properties, it nourishes without being greasy. It is great when used on the lips as a lip balm.
- Protective: When applied to the skin, beeswax forms a protective barrier that helps protect it from environmental assaults, while also holding in moisture and reducing dryness. This is one of the reasons beeswax is often used in lip balms. Unlike ingredients made from petroleum, however, beeswax doesn’t “suffocate” the skin, and won’t clog pores.
- Humectant: Some ingredients “attract” water, and beeswax is one of them. When you put it on, you attract water molecules, helping to keep skin hydrated over time.
- Vitamin A: A good source of this vitamin, beeswax helps exfoliation and can rejuvenate your look.
- Fragrance: We always say there’s no reason to use harsh chemicals to make products smell good. Natural ingredients work so much better! Beeswax has a natural honey fragrance, and is a favorite in soaps and perfumes because of its pleasant, light aroma.
- Soothes temporary itching: If you suffer from dry skin itching or sensitive skin, beeswax is for you. Because beeswax is anti-allergenic, it is also easily tolerated by even those with reactive skin.